Facebook recently rolled out a new video format called Facebook Premieres that allow you to post edited video as live footage. The previous advantages of a live streaming video, like notifications to followers, are now available for prerecorded video too.
When you create a Facebook Premiere it creates a notification on your page allowing others to click ‘get notified’ and receive a notification when the video premieres. There is also a red box in the top left of your video during the premiere, similar to a live. After the premiere of the video, it is saved to your page for those who couldn’t tune in to view later.
This new format gives publishers and page admins more flexibility with video and allows for more engagement with your audience as well. Another neat feature just released are video polls (these may not be available to everyone yet). This new feature allows you to ask a question to your viewers while they are watching, encouraging them to engage with your brand or company. Multiple polls can placed in a single video.
How to Create A Facebook Premiere Post
- Go to your Facebook page and click ‘photo/video’ inside the upload the form.
- Choose the video you would like to upload.
- While your video is uploading, give it a title, description, and add some tags to make it easier for others to find your video.
- OPTIONAL Click ‘polls’ in the right column of the window to add some interactive elements to your video.
- Click ‘next.’
- Under posting, check the circle that says ‘premiere.’
- Choose a date and time you would like your video to premiere. And, give it an optional cover photo that will show when the notification is posted on your page.
- Click ‘publish’ and you’re done. Those who are interested will receive a notification on the date and time you specified. Share the new notification on your personal profile afterwards to help encourage more people to click ‘get notified.’